Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sharing 'kisses'




Well, this weeks try was a huge disaster. My 'share' plan was to get Maya and Lola sharing tea. Yeah, that did not happen.

I set her up at the wrong angle inititally and couldn't get a good shot of her face. She eventually moved to the back chair, but then I just got a horrible shadow.

For my official project I decided to use 'sharing kisses'. I did a second set of Christmas photos of Maya this morning and am really happy with how they turned out.

I am still learning to use my new speedlight and am really not good at compensating for the lack of light in our dining room. I still am underexposing photos left, right and center. I have started shooting in raw though, so hopefully that will help some small exposure errors.

I am also loving my grey card for correcting white balance, it makes editing a breeze. I quickly correct my WB in lightroom and then export the photos. In photoshop elements I duplicate the background layer twice. The first is set to softlight between 25 adn 35%. The second either multiply or screen with a layer mask and subject brushed back in. I set that layer anywheres between 50 and 80%. Finally a quick adjustment in levels if I need to brighten skin tones.

Anyways, week one is done! Week 2 is responsibility or open... I don't even know where to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment